Tuesday 28 October 2008

No clear path

Right now I am supposed to be writing an article about how food can help improve concentration and umm...I can't seem to get focussed. Just a tad ironic don't you think?

I actually have a good excuse though - I've done something that goes against my core being. I temporarily lost faith in my abilities and sold out to the highest bidder. This is starting to sound like I did something totally tragic but logically it was probably the right thing to do. You see I've accepted a one month contract back in the IT world and my heart is breaking. I do know that it is the responsible thing to do though. Yeah the money will be good and it isn't exactly what I used to do but it is still not who I am right now.

Positive thoughts....OK so I will be paid well and be able to live quite comfortably for a while and maybe even take a long overdue trip to SA. It is an easy post and I will be able to keep my head down, do the job and then leave. But as is typical in my life, I've just had to turn down more writing work and that does not please me in the least. The upshot is that I can be more selective about the writing gigs I accept in the near future and ensure that I only write articles about things I am passionate or at least interested in. BUT yuck IT again!!

In a sense I feel like a failure for going back to the old lifestyle but I know in my heart it isn't true. I have achieved a lot in the past few months and the only reason for this little diversion is money. I just wonder when I will be able to erase IT from my memory for good. Hopefully 2009 will be an IT free year.

Enough ranting, best I get back to...oh yeah the article on improving concentration.

1 comment:

Terri said...

You forgot to mention that this contract is in a different country so really, it's like a paid holiday, right..?